Colorado College Tutt Library Goes Live on Koha with ByWater Solutions
ByWater Solutions, an open source community contributor and America’s forefront provider of Koha support, announced today that Colorado College Charles L. Tutt Library, in Colorado Springs, Colorado is now live on Koha! ByWater completed the transition of the library’s 1,100,000 plus holdings from Millennium ILS and is providing ongoing support services to the library. The library’s customized Koha OPAC can be viewed at: https://cocollege.bywatersolutions.com.
Colorado College, Charles L. Tutt Library, will also be utilizing CORAL, an open source ERM, supported and hosted by ByWater Solutions for their electronic management needs.
About the Charles L. Tutt Library
Charles L. Tutt Library is a hub for research, learning, and intellectual community, providing welcoming and inclusive space for students to learn, grow, and thrive at Colorado College.
With a rich array of experts, technologies, and learning spaces alongside extensive library collections, Tutt Library supports Colorado College’s inquiry-based curriculum and the unique rhythms of the Block Plan with:
- Robust services supporting student learning (Library Partners)
- Inviting spaces where students and faculty can do scholarly work, including classrooms, group study rooms, reading rooms, senior carrels, Susie B’s cafe, events spaces and meetings rooms.
- Over 425,000 physical volumes, a climate controlled Special Collections vault, and extensive online collections supporting teaching and research at Colorado College
We support, celebrate, and preserve student research and creative inquiry across the disciplines in ways that are both innovative and part of the long-standing library ethos:
- Librarians work with classes to help students learn how to navigate a complex information environment and to discover, create, and use sources with rigor and integrity.
- Graduating seniors deposit their senior capstones/theses in Digital CC, the College's digital repository where they can be readily accessed while being preserved for the future.
- From first year through graduation, students avail themselves of in-depth research consultations, over 3,000 interactions per year.
Read more at: https://www.coloradocollege.edu/library/about/index.html
About ByWater Solutions
ByWater Solutions is a full service, high quality Koha support and implementation company dedicated to providing libraries with a lower cost, more advanced level of support for their ILS than a traditional proprietary solution can offer. ByWater Solutions has a proven track record in first rate Koha implementation and support with library systems of all sizes.
Our highly ranked, comprehensive support is what sets our company apart from any other vendor in the industry. Partnering with ByWater Solutions for Koha support not only lowers the cost of implementing and maintaining an ILS, but more importantly empowers libraries by giving them the flexibility and freedom they deserve. For more information please visit: https:bywatersolutions.com.
Koha is the first open-source Integrated Library System (ILS). In use worldwide, its development is steered by a growing community of libraries collaborating to achieve their technology goals. Koha’s impressive feature set continues to evolve and expand to meet the needs of its user base. It includes modules for circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reserves, patron management, branch relationships, and more.
CORAL is an electronic resources management system consisting of interoperable modules designed around the core components of managing electronic resources for libraries and other organizations.
CORAL is available as a free, open source program which includes five modules for Organizations, Resources, Licensing, Usage Statistics and Management. Read more at: http://coral-erm.org/.
For more information
Read more by Jessie Zairo