PayPal Set up in the Business Portal for Koha Integration
This new feature will allow you to accept credit card payments via the OPAC for fines via PayPal. Once you have completed testing your PayPal set up in the Koha Sandbox, you can now proceed to the Production Mode. For additional steps setting up the sandbox mode, please see our post from Kyle Hall on PayPal Payments in Koha.
The steps below will walk you through setting up the PayPal business account and changing from sandbox mode to production mode in the Koha Staff Client.
PayPal Business Account Set-Up
- Login into your PayPal business account
- Click the Settings icon (a gear) next to "Log out"
- Click Account access under "Account & Security" on the left of the page
- In the "API access" section, click Update
- Under "NVP/SOAP API integration," click Manage API credentials
- If you have already generated an API Signature, then View API Signature appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Signature
- If you have not already generated an API Signature, select Request API Signature, then click Agree and Submit
- API signature credentials are hidden by default. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off
- Keep the window open so you can copy and paste the credentials on the Koha Admin page
- Log in to your Koha Staff Page
For more details, see PayPal's instructions here.
Koha Staff Client
- Go Administration > Global System Preferences > OPAC
- Scroll down to Payments
- Under EnablePayPalOpacPayments PayPalSandboxMode select “Allow” patrons to make payments from the OPAC via PayPal in “Production” mode.
- Enter the description you want your patrons to see when they check out/make the payment under PayPalChargeDescription
- Enter the API password from your PayPal account under PayPalPwd
- Enter the API username from your PayPal account under PayPalUser
- Enter the API signature form your PayPal account under PayPalSignature
- Click Save all OPAC Preferences
Read more by Jessie Zairo