Monday Minutes: Using the Reports Plus Plugin
In this week's Monday Minutes, Jessie and Kelly show you how to use the Reports Plus Plugin in Koha. This plugin allows the use of lists to be input into reports. This plugin can enhance staff workflow when you wish to run a report on a set of barcodes, biblionumbers, itemnumbers, etc.
Installing the Plugin
The Koha Plugin for Reports Plus can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/bywatersolutions/koha-plugin-reports-plus.
You can find more information on plugins, including uploading a new one, through our tutorials!
Using Reports Plus
Once the Plugin is installed you can walk through the steps below to use the integrated features of Reports Plus.
- Create a report in the Koha reports module.
- To utilize the list functionality the report syntax should include a value of (<<List parameter>>).
- example: WHERE barcode in ( <<Barcodes>> )
- Return to the plugins in Administration --> Plugins.
- Under the Reports Plus Plugin click Actions --> Run the plugin.
- Enter the report number from the report you created above.
- The plugin scans the report for parameters and asks you for the type of each, you can choose:
- The next step will ask you for values:
- example: barcodes, ISBN, itemnumbers
- All parameters must be filled.
- You may choose how the results are outputted, display on the page, or export as a CSV.
- Click Run Report.
SELECT biblio.biblionumber, items.itemcallnumber as 'call#', biblio.title, items.location, items.itype, items.barcode
LEFT JOIN biblioitems on (items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber)
LEFT JOIN biblio on (biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber)
WHERE barcode in ( <<Barcodes>> )
ORDER BY items.location asc
Read more by Jessie Zairo