Monday Minutes: Placing Multiple Holds in the OPAC
In this week's Monday Minutes, Kelly and Jessie will discuss placing multiple holds from the OPAC. From the search results, patrons can select multiple results and either add those to a cart if they aren't logged in or place a hold directly for those items if they are logged in.
Selecting Multiple Holds
- Perform a search in the OPAC.
- Use the checkbox on the left-hand-side to select the boxes of titles you would like to place a hold on.
- If the user is not logged in, you can add those items to your cart by selecting the drop-down for Select titles to Add to cart.
- If the user is logged in, then can select Place Hold and koha will populate a list of all tiles the user is attempting to place on hold.
- The user can then confirm their holds.
This is a great way to tie in the Curbside Pickup Plugin. Users can place holds for multiple titles and then schedule a time to pick them up! If you are interested in learning more about the Curbside feature in Koha, checkout our Monday Minutes: Curbside Pickup Plugin.
Read more by Jessie Zairo