Monday Minutes: Aspen Discovery
In this week's Monday Minutes, we are joined by Mark Noble, Aspen Lead Developer as we talk about the new Open Source Discovery platform. Aspen is a full-featured Discovery System that integrates with e-content and other 3rd party providers, giving your patrons comprehensive access to all of your materials in one place. Aspen combines your library catalog with e-content, digital archives, and enrichment from all major third-party providers, it improves relevancy and ease of use, provides native reading recommendations, displays all formats of titles within one result (FRBR) and much more. Aspen was created to give users an improved experience over other Discovery systems with less of an impact on library budgets.
Read more about Aspen Discovery.
View it on Github.
Here are a few libraries using Aspen Discovery with Koha.
- Uintah County Library https://catalog.uintahlibrary.org/
- Duchesne County Library System https://catalog.duchesnelibraries.org/
- Wasatch County Library https://catalog.wasatchlibrary.org/
- AspenCat (CLiC) https://catalog.aspencat.info/
- Pueblo City-County Library https://catalog.pueblolibrary.org/
Read more by Jessie Zairo