Setting Up Course Reserves in Koha
Here is a short Koha tutorial video on Setting Up Course Reserves in Koha.
Steps for setting up Course Reserves
- To enable the Course Reserve Module on Koha, go to the administrative module and under global systems – enter coursereserves. Here you can set your preference to “Use”.
- A few key fields that are required when creating your course reserves are the professors attached to the reserve and the departments.
- To attach instructors to the reserves, they do need to be in your Koha patron database.
- Each course reserve is attached a department, so departments would need to be set up in your Koha under Authorized Values.
- To create a course reserve- choose the Course Reserve module from the more drop down menu or the main page.
- Click New Course
- Here you would enter all pertinent information regarding the course reserve. Any red fields are required for setting it up.
- After you have entered your course reserve information, it is now time to save it and scan all the items your instructor wishes to add to this course reserve.
- Each item you add to reserves – item type, collection code, shelving location, holding library can be changed to fit your library’s needs for this course reserve.
- Remember Item Type controls your circulation and fine rules- so if items on course reserves have a different loan period, it is important to change this field.
- You may add staff notes and public notes to each item. A public note on the course reserve item will replace a prior public note on the item.
Read more by Kelly McElligott