Aspen Discovery 23.09.00 Release Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 23.09.00 release is now available.
This release includes code contributions from:
- ByWater Solutions
- James Staub
- Theke Solutions
Thanks to all of our contributors!!
23.09.00 Release Notes
- Added option to allow users to retrieve their barcodes via text using Twilio.
- Library Systems > ILS/Account Integration > Login > Enable "Forgot Barcode?" Link on Login Screen"
- When starting Masquerade mode, allow the administrator to enter either barcode or username as applicable for the ILS.
- Add a session expiration of 15 minutes of inactivity when Masquerading.
- Automatically refresh the page when a session is scheduled to finish
- Added the ability to Export to CSV for most administration setting tables (including eCommerce Report and Donations Report). Export to CSV will maintain applied filters.
- Added the ability to Export Selected to CSV for most administration setting tables (including eCommerce Report and Donations Report).
- For all Export to CSV functionality will only export columns displayed in the table by default.
- Allow individual fields to be locked within Aspen so only users with the ability to lock and unlock fields to edit them.
- Lock Administration Fields
EBSCO EDS Updates
- Handle cases when authentication tokens time out while loading records for display within a list.
- Added permissions to allow libraries to see only their own ecommerce and donations reports.
- View eCommerce Reports for All Libraries
- View Donations Reports for All Libraries
- View eCommerce Reports for Home Library
- View Donations Reports for Home Library
- Add a class of addToYourEventsBtn to all buttons labelled Add to Your Events.
- Added ability to edit facets for websites and Open Archives
- Updated the facet for event date to limit the max date to the number of days events are indexed for
- Administer All Website Facet Settings
- Administer Library Website Facet Settings
- Administer All Open Archives Facet Settings
- Administer Library Open Archives Facet Settings
- Open Archives > Open Archives Facet Settings
- Website Indexing > Website Facet Settings
- When linking to author pages, do not quote the author name since Hoopla does not provide authors in lastname, firstname format.
- Create a new Indexing Class specific to Nashville to account for unique format determination rules.
- Carl.X libraries will now use standard format determination depending on the type of format determination selected (bib/item)
- If a user manually provides input when selecting a date for automatic hold cancellation, it will now check if the date is earlier than the current date.
- While paying a fine if a user inputs a value higher than the outstanding amount, they will be alerted and the total to be paid will not be updated.
- Display a more specific error message if a user cannot be logged into Koha while updating patron information with the review queue on.
- When updating patron information in Polaris check Aspen settings to see what information should not be modifiable and do not send those values to Polaris.
- Allow holds that are available for pickup to be cancelled, frozen/thawed, and pickup location to be changed.
- Only provide spelling and search suggestions for Keyword, Title, Start of Title, Author, Series, and Subject Searches.
Single Sign-on (SSO) Updates
- Add ability to restrict single sign-on by IP address.
- Single sign-on (SSO) Settings > Restrict single sign-on by IP address
- Primary Configuration > IP Addresses > Allow Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Allow exported files from Symphony to be GZipped.
- When assigning a theme to a Library or Location, Aspen will now provide an initial weight greater than the existing amount of themes to keep it from being the default theme.
- When importing translations, Aspen will now encode the terms to ensure compatibility with the database.
- The prompts for confirming with the user to Freeze Selected or All Holds is now translatable.
- The prompts for confirming with the user to Thaw Selected or All Holds is now translatable.
- The prompts for confirming with the user to Cancel Selected or All Holds is now translatable.
- Prevent imported translations and community translations from sharing the value "null" for translated terms.
- Add a class of vdx-request-btn for VDX request buttons so they can be styled with css.
Web Builder Updates
- Add the ability to create quick polls within Web Builder.
- Web Builder / Quick Polls
- Administer All Quick Polls
- Administer Library Quick Polls
- Show the list of users that can be assigned to a materials request properly when the user's display name has not been set.
- Do not redirect to an individual record page if the search term starts with id.
- Fix saving secondary phone number.
- Added SIP function to handle barcode self-checkout with the ILS.
- Added API endpoint in the User API to support barcode self-checkout.
- Fixed an issue where bots were generating errors with old saved searches
- Fixed an issue where the usage dashboard was incorrectly showing "0" values for sessions started.
- Allow Solr server to be specified when creating new sites.
- Fix issue where barcodes with a "+" couldn't check out Overdrive items
- Install ClamAV by default
- Fix issue where wrong language shows in More Details for non-English works
- Fix issue where if includeOutOfSystemExternalLinks is set to true, Libby items sometimes showed the incorrect availability status
Aspen LiDA Updates
- Added "Forgot Password" to the login screen for libraries who have it enabled.
- When viewing a user list from a Browse Category show button to delete the item from the list instead of adding.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Notifications onboarding prompt to display too frequently.
- Added "Forgot Barcode" to the login screen for libraries who have it enabled.
- When placing a hold that allowed an item-level selection, and "First Available" is selected, it will no longer treat it as an item-level hold.
- Filtering on My Checkouts and My Holds screens will now filter as expected.
- If enabled in Discovery users can now self-checkout items in the app.
- For Koha, the app will now support the hold cancellation workflow.
- Fixed a bug preventing users from going to the Holds screen after placing a hold.
- When searching for an item by scanning the barcode, if only 1 result is returned, the app will automatically load that Grouped Work.
Documentation coming soon!
Watch the 23.09.00 Aspen Updates in an Instant Recording
Watch a short highlight video of the some of the new features available in 23.09.00
Read more by Mark Noble