Aspen Discovery 23.05.00 Release Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 23.05.00 release is now available.
This release includes code contributions from:
- ByWater Solutions
Thanks to all of our contributors!!
23.05.00 Release Notes
- When logging in after resetting PIN/Password from MyAccount/EmailResetPin, redirect user to Account Summary.
- Enable translations to Koha restricted patron message.
Browse Category Updates
- If user has "Administer Library Browse Categories" permission, the user will not be able to edit browse categories not shared with everyone or their library when editing browse category groups
- Fixed some display issues in browse category groups if the user did not have the "Administer All Browse Categories" permission
Collection Spotlight Updates
- Update so collection spotlights cannot show more than 100 titles at once.
- "Add To Your Events" button will now display as "In Your Events" if user has event saved
- If an event requires registration and is saved to a user's events, a "Check Registration" button will appear above a "Go To Your Events" button
- If an event requires registration and is saved to a user's events, the event listing in their "Your Events" page will have a link to check their registration
- When adding an event that requires registration, users will be notified that saving an event is not the same as registering and they are being redirected to the registration page
- Private and canceled events will no longer be indexed for Communico
- If a user has registered with their barcode for Communico or Springshare LibCal events, the "Check Registration" button will read "You Are Registered"
- Allow lists to be imported from Evergreen systems.
- Import Reading History from Evergreen if available.
- Do not import reading history from Evergreen in Masquerade mode.
- When placing volume and item holds, add information to the dropdown that a volume or item needs to be selected, and display an error if nothing is selected.
- Update determination of audience for Hoopla to check genres before checking ratings for the record and check genres when the record does not have rating information.
- When using "Include Library Records to include" only include rows where the library does not own the material.
- Correct cases where a title in brackets would show as Title Unknown in search results.
- Respect the AllowHoldItemTypeSelection system preference when placing holds to see if item type holds are allowed.
Open Archives Updates
- Allow last fetched to be set within the admin interface.
- Update to not load identifiers for all previous records into memory to allow very large (2M+) collections to be indexed.
- Properly delete titles when a 107 response is received from the APIs.
- Handle invalid MARC subfields of " when parsing JSON. When this case is encountered, mark the record as invalid.
Single Sign-on (SSO) Updates
- Added option to bypass patron local login screens.
- LDAP users who will not authenticate by ILS are assigned the "admin_sso" account profile for authenticating with the Aspen database.
- Primary Configuration > Single Sign-on (SSO) > Bypass the Aspen Discovery patron login page
- Load barcode when loading fines from Symphony if available.
- Fix a bug that would prevent modals from displaying in the center of the screen when High Contrast was selected.
- Reduce the 'Explore More' background color to 7% opacity.
- Add options in Theme to customize Tab colors.
- Theme & Layout > Themes > Tabs
- Remove additional fields from VDX request when OCLC number does not exist for a record.
- Remove custom code for determining literary forms for Arlington
- Correct updating purchase suggestion formats when a format has been used for an existing materials request.
- To manage Aspen instances more efficiently it's now possible to schedule updates for partners.
- Fix sorting owning location facet to show the active library / location first.
- Add ils code to getLibraries and getLocations APIs.
- From site status page, redirect to events log when errors are encountered
Aspen LiDA Updates
- On the Checkouts screen, the Renew All button once again has a text label in addition to the icon.
- Fixed a bug where freezing a hold on Android would display an additional date picker after selecting a date.
- When prompting the user with a hold confirmation make sure a label is provided for the "by Email" option.
- Fixed a bug where adjusting Notification preferences caused the app to display a white screen.
- Users are no longer sometimes presented with two successful hold placed prompts.
- If displaying barcodes is disabled in Discovery the app will once again instead display the value without the barcode.
- Materials checked out from Cloud Library are now accessible from the app.
Watch the 23.05.00 Aspen Updates in an Instant Recording
Watch a short highlight video of the some of the new features available in 23.05.00
Read more by Mark Noble