Aspen Discovery Announces 20.17.00 Release and Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 20.17.00 release is available. This minor release includes 12 updates to the Aspen Discovery system.
Mark Noble, Aspen Discovery Developer, recently commented on the release:
This release makes it easier for large complex consortia to customize Aspen Discovery for their members to highlight each member's unique collections. We're excited to continue to make Aspen Discovery the best option for libraries and consortia of all sizes.
Axis 360 Integration Updates
- Make it easier to navigate between Axis 360 settings, scopes, and the libraries and locations for each scope.
Hoopla Integration Updates
- Make it easier to navigate between Hoopla settings, scopes, and the libraries and locations for each scope.
Interface Integration Updates
- Allow the logo to be larger (up to 750 x 150px) and allow the logo to stretch across the screen if the library name is not shown.
ILS Integration Updates
- When more than 3 volumes exist for a record, show a popup where the patron can select the volume to place a hold on.
- When "Log me out after requesting the item." is selected, ensure the patron is properly logged out.
- When showing holds that have been frozen, make the indicator more obvious.
- Add a check to be sure that a log entry has completed in the last 24 hours for each module (except Open Archives).
Open Archives Updates
- Add scoping of open archives collections by library and locations.
OverDrive Integration Updates
- Make it easier to navigate between OverDrive settings, scopes, and the libraries and locations for each scope.
- Automatically change the selected role when the user selects a new role from the dropdown.
Sierra Integration Updates
- If no loan rules or loan rule determiners are provided, use the default method for determining holdability.
Symphony Integration Updates
- Updates for placing volume level holds using the volume identifier.
System Message Updates
- Update System Messages to include the ability to apply default styles to the message including Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green.
Website Indexing Updates
- When deleting sites that are being indexed, correctly remove all pages for the site from the index.
- Add scoping of indexed websites by library and location.
- Properly handle URLs from parsed pages that have ben escaped with hex escaping.
- Updates for the display of website search results in combined results.
- Process a maximum of 2500 pages per website.
About Aspen Discovery
Aspen is a full-featured Discovery System that integrates with e-content and other 3rd party providers, giving your patrons comprehensive access to all of your materials in one place. Aspen combines your library catalog with e-content, digital archives, and enrichment from all major third-party providers improves relevancy and ease of use, provides native reading recommendations, displays all formats of titles within one result (FRBR) and much more. Aspen was created to give users an improved experience over other Discovery systems with less of an impact on library budgets. For more information about Aspen please visit: https://bywatersolutions.com/projects/aspen-discovery
Read more by Emily Fowler