Aspen Discovery Announces 20.14.00 Release and Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 20.14 release is available. This minor release and includes 8 updates to the Aspen Discovery system.
Mark Noble, Aspen Discovery Developer, recently commented on the release:
This minor release addresses several issues to polish existing Aspen Discovery functionality. We strive to regularly update Aspen to ensure our users have the best discovery experience.
- Update multi-select forms using checkboxes.
CARL.X Integration Updates
- Update PIN Validation rules to allow up to 6 digits when resetting PIN for CARL.X.
Collection Spotlight Updates
- Remove tab formatting from spotlights if there is only one spotlight.
- Allow spotlights to be created from search results for events.
- Update event sorting within the calendar view.
- Correct display of event start and end times based on the active timezone.
- When navigating directly to a page that requires login, navigate to that page after login rather than going to the home page for the account.
- Fix menu display so the height of the menu so the width of the bottom border can be adjusted.
MARC Record Display Updates
- Allow repeated subfields within the Physical Description display.
- Update display of publisher information to include 264 fields with a second indicator of blank or 1.
Materials Request Updates
- Make error messages when submitting materials requests translatable so libraries can change the text.
- Fix so status can be updated from the Update Request popup.
OverDrive integration updates
- Update to properly show titles when a library owns the only copy of a title in their OverDrive Advantage account.
- Remove storing numeric formats since they are unused with Aspen Discovery.
- Set format boosts for OverDrive magazines.
- Update so holds can be frozen and thawed properly.
- Updates for restarting solr in the event it has issues.
- Stop indexers for each process when nightly indexing runs to reduce memory consumption.
- Unify the configuration of cron to use a symbolic link for settings.
- Remove startBackgroundProcesses script in favor of checking background processes and checking solr.
- Don't override advanced search button color.
Read more by Jessie Zairo