Aspen Discovery Announces 20.04 Release and Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 20.04 release is available. This major release includes 22 improvements and 1 bug fix.
Mark Noble, Aspen Discovery Developer, recently commented on the release:
We are extremely excited about the new functionality in this release, it's hard to choose a favorite new feature. Placards are much improved, especially for consortia. RBdigital integration got some love to help consortia and readers looking for back issues. But, I think my favorite new feature is the OMDB integration to help show cover images for movies which helps libraries save money on cover art.
- Display release notes within the user interface
- Allow filtering of logs to only show errors
- Allow users without opacAdmin privileges to see Collection Spotlights available for Any Library
- Allow users with userAdmin privileges to masquerade as any user when masquerade is turned on.
- Increase the maximum allowed size of the system message
Book cover updates
- Give content editors the permission to upload covers
- Updates for reloading covers from an individual record
- Only process google books api for grouped works, not individual records
- Add the ability to use OMDB as a source of movie covers
- Increase timeouts when contacting CloudLibrary to avoid error messages with slow responses
Koha Integration Updates
- Correct account behavior for patrons that have a username, but no barcode assigned
- Added the ability to restrict which locations are valid for self-registration
- Updated to allow a link to be defined for the Placard to direct the user to a specific location when clicking the Placard or image on the placard.
- Allow users to dismiss individual placards if an administrator decides it is dismissable.
- Allow placards to be displayed for individual libraries and locations
- Update RBdigital to allow for multiple settings to be defined per installation for consortial usage
- Update RBdigital to index and display all issues for a magazine.
- Update cover display of RBdigital magazines to show cover for each issue.
- Allow account interactions with magazines to be done at the issue-level including checkouts, returns, etc.
- Users are not automatically logged into RBdigital from the Checked Out Titles page when selecting the Open In RBdigital button.
User List Updates
- Updates for automatic generation of List Covers when not all entries in the list are valid works.
- Updates for the inclusion of New York Times list when search results are limited to list publishers to include
Bugs and Minor Updates
- Allow bib level holds by default for items that do not have a value specified in format translation maps
Read more by Jessie Zairo