Aspen Discovery Announces 20.03 Release and Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 20.03 release is available. This major release includes 5 improvements and 5 bug fixes.
Mark Noble, Aspen Discovery Developer, recently commented on the release:
This release responds to the needs of our libraries as branches close and patrons utilize additional online materials by making it even easier to discover OverDrive materials in Aspen Discovery.
- Indexing routines will automatically restart when the underlying code is changed.
Koha integration updates
- Add a switch for whether or not to check the MARC record for Large Print indicators for cases where large print is not indicated by an Item Type or Collection code
OverDrive Integration updates
- Update record grouping for OverDrive titles that have a subtitle, but no series so they group better with print titles.
- Allow individual records to be indexed from the command line
- Correct searching display of eAudioBooks when selecting eBook facet and an availability toggle
- Make holds that are available non-cancelable to match Koha behavior
- Fix display of library hours when a library is closed the entire week
- Fix canceling RBdigital holds
- Simplify language for adding a search to the home page
- Make it easier to run single work extracts from Sierra and OverDrive from the command line
Read more by Jessie Zairo