Aspen Discovery Announces 20.02 Release & Notes
Aspen Discovery announced this week that the 20.02 release is available. This major release includes 7 improvements and 6 bug fixes.
Mark Noble, Aspen Discovery Developer, recently commented on the release:
This release responds to the needs of our libraries with a focus on making search results easier to understand for users.
- Add the ability to open sidebar links in a new tab.
- Remove OverDrive Auto Checkout functionality that was deprecated by OverDrive.
- Advanced Searches by Publisher are now case insensitive.
- Added a new facet for Publisher which is disabled by default.
- Additional normalization of publisher data.
- Allow administrators to override Unknown and Undetermined languages to a specified language. Defaults to English.
- Trim trailing whitespace from searches done via the API.
- Make sure that patrons with extremely long names can login properly.
- Present better error information when patrons cannot be revalidated due to incorrect information or the ILS being unavailable.
- Update API to placeHold to allow use of campus parameter or pickupLocation parameter.
- Cleanup logic to determine when a user is at an OPAC station to better handle auto-logout code.
- Add additional information to Help/IP page to show the location of the user as well as whether or not they are at an OPAC station.
- Fixes for Book cover cleanup to remove older files
Read more by Jessie Zairo