Librarian of the Month
April 2021 Librarian of the Month
Every month ByWater Solutions recognizes a librarian that has made an impact on their library and community. We are happy to announce the April 2021 Librarian of the Month is Sarah Cornell of Portsmouth Public Library in Portsmouth, NH.
Sarah was nominated by Library Director, Steve Butzel and the rest of the staff at Portsmouth Public Library.
We at the Portsmouth Public Library would like to nominate our own Sarah Cornell to be a ByWater Librarian of the Month. She is our Koha hero, mentor, champion....
- She worked tirelessly to, almost single-handedly migrate, our previous system to Koha with the experts at ByWater.
- She learned, she questioned, she immersed herself in all things Koha to ready our existing data to migrate in the best way possible.
- She anticipated our questions and worked on data behind the scenes to make things work seamlessly.
- She informed the staff and provided opportunities for us all to learn and be "invested" in the process and the outcomes.
- She is our Koha guru. She lives and breathes the details large and small.
- She lets the staff use Koha the way we need to in order to do our jobs and is open and flexible when we throw curveballs at her.
- She is a lover of best practice and delights in the details, but facilitates our need to explore and reinvent processes and procedures as we need every day.
- She embraces the open-source concept and lives that sort of philosophy every day, giving staff the power to collaborate and contribute to the system that keeps us all doing our jobs at a high level of productivity, quality, and efficiency....all while having fun!"
Thank you, Sarah, for all you do! And Congratulations!
Read more by Kalleen Marquise