Adding a Twitter Widget to your Koha OPAC
In this above video I visit a bunch of links, so let me walk you through the process.
- First you want to log in to your Koha staff client
- Next open a new tab and log in to your Twitter account
- From your Twitter account you want to click the gear in the top right and choose Settings
- From the Settings menu click Widgets on the left
- Fill in the info about your Twitter account and your OPAC (make sure that the Domain you enter is your full OPAC URL)
- Click ‘Create Widget’ when you’re done
- Copy the code and switch to your Koha staff client tab
- Click ‘Koha Administration’ in your staff client
- Go to your Global System Preferences
- Find the preference for the region you would like to add the widget to
- Edit the preference by pasting the code from Twitter in to the box
- Save the preferences
- Visit your OPAC and see the new widget
If you have an idea for a tutorial video I should do or that you have done yourself (or found on the web) that we should include in this series, just drop me a line and I’ll add it.
Read more by Nicole C.