Prevent renewals defined by specific values in the items table
In 18.11 we have a new system preference that prevents renewals defined for specific values from the items table. This new feature is introduced by Bug  - Block renewals by values in the item table.
This new system preferences contains a text field where you can name any field in the items table followed by a colon then a space then a bracketed list of values separated by commas. This is similar to the OPAChiddenitems system preference.
Setting up the system preference
- Go to Administration and click on Global System Preferences
- Search for ItemsDeniedRenewal
- Enter values from the items table for items you would like to block renewals on.
- Examples (You will use the code from the itemtype or authorized value)
- ccode: [NEW,DVD]
- itype: [NEWBK]
- loc: [VID]
5. Click Save all Circulation Preferences
For more features and enhancements that can be found in the newest release of Koha 18.11:
Read more by Jessie Zairo