Monday Minutes: Patron lists
In this tutorial, Kelly and Jessie will show you everything you can do with patron lists. Patron lists are a way to store a group of patrons for easy modification via the batch patron modification tool, batch detection tool, or reporting.
New Patron Lists
- Navigate to Tools --> Patrons and Circulation --> Patron Lists.
- To create a new list of patrons click the ‘New patron list’ button.
- Enter a list name.
- Checking the ‘Shared’ box will make this list visible to all users with the manage_patron_lists permission.
- Save the list.
- To add patrons to the list enter the patron’s name or cardnumber in the search box and click on the right result to add the patron.
- Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Enter multiple cardnumbers’ link and scan (or type in) barcodes in the box.
- Once you have all of the patrons you would like to add you can click the ‘Add patrons’ button to save them to the list.
- You can use lists to merge patrons.
- Tools --> Patron Lists --> Merge selected patrons
- You can use lists to batch delete patrons.
- Tool --> Batch patron deletion and anonymization
- Select your list from the dropdown "who are in patron list:"
- You can use lists to batch modify patrons.
- Tools --> Batch patron modification --> Use patron list
Read more by Jessie Zairo