Monday Minutes: Custom Searches in the Item Search
In this week's Monday Minutes Kelly and Jessie discuss another perk to their favorite search, item search! Did you know you can add custom search fields to the item search option in the staff client? Well, this week we will show you how!
Setting the Custom Search Up
- In the staff client go to Administration --> Catalog --> Item search fields.
- To add a new search term simply click the ‘New search field’ button.
- Add a name for the field for you to identify the search term.
- Next, provide a description in the label that will appear on the item search page.
- Select the MARC field which field you’d like to search in.
- Add the MARC subfield you’d like to search in.
- Finally, add an Authorised values category to turn this search field into a pull-down instead of a free text field.
- Click submit.
Performing an item search
Once your new field is added it will be visible on the item search page.
- Select the item values you want to search.
- Scroll down to the section below withdrawn
- Select your custom item search and go!
Read more by Jessie Zairo