Monday Minutes: Call Number Browse While Cataloging
In this week's Monday Minutes, Kelly and Jessie will show you how to browse for call numbers you are adding to the edit/add item page. The feature allows you to check the call number that you are planning on using for a specific item against existing call numbers within your database.
Searching in an Item Record
- Navigate to Add or edit an item record
- In the text field next to o - Full call number, enter your call number
- Next, look for the ... on the right-hand side of the text field.
- Click on the ... and that will open a modal window.
- The green tab will indicate where your call number will fall between.
- Anything highlighted in red will indicate the call number is already in use.
Setting Up your Framework
- Go to MARC bibliographic framework
- Home --> Administration --> MARC frameworks
- Click in MARC structure (Default framework)
- or another framework you want to add the plugin to
- Search for tag: 952$o
- In Others Options, click the dropdown for Plugin
- Choose cn_browser.pl
- Click save changes
Read more by Jessie Zairo