Monday Minutes: Automatic Item Modification By Age
In this week's Monday Minutes, Kelly and Jessie discuss how to set up the Automatic item modifications by age tool in Koha. This tool allows librarians to update item specific fields when an item reaches a certain age.
Setting up a rule
- More > Tools > Catalog > Automatic item modifications by age.
- Click on the ‘Add rules’ button to create rules.
- If you have rules already, there will be a button that reads ‘Edit rules’. To create a new rule click the ‘Edit rules’ button at the top of the page.
- First, add the age in days at which the item will update (Age)
- example: 180 days
- Next, add what criteria is needed to trigger the update (Conditions)
- items.itemtype = NEW
- Finally, what changes are made when the script runs (Substitutions)
- items.itemtype = BOOKS
- Once you’re done you can click the ‘Add this rule’ link and then add additional rules or you can click the ‘Submit these rules’ button to save your changes.
Staff need the items_batchmod permission to access this tool
The Automatic item modifications by age requires a cronjob to run nightly. It will update items based on the list of rules set forth in the Automatic item modifications by age tool
Please submit a ticket with ByWater Solutions or contact your support provider to enable the cronjob.
Read more by Jessie Zairo