Koha Tutorial Videos
Koha Integration with Recorded Books
Koha OPAC Search and Circulation Integration
The new integration will allow users to checkout, check-in, search for titles and place holds on their items directly through the Koha OPAC.
Once the user performs a search on the OPAC, if results are found in Recorded Books, it will return a link to results in the RecordedBooks catalog.
From that results page, a user, once signed in and has a valid email matching a RecordedBooks account, will be able to check out and place holds on books directly from the results page in the OPAC.
These items, once checked out, will be visible in the users account of their choose platform for RBDigital (app on mobile device or desktop). From the users account on the Koha OPAC they can see items that are currently checked out or on hold. They can easily check items back in or retrieve their hold from this interface.
There are 3 new system preferences.
- RecordedBooksClientSecret: Include RecordedBooks availability information with the client secret.
- You will need to get the client secret from your rep at Recorded Books
- enter the domain that your users access RB Digital (example: https://carnegiestoutia.rbdigital.com/)
- RecordedBooksLibraryID: Show items from the RecordedBooks catalog of library ID
- You will need to get the catalog library id from rep at Recorded Books
Read more by Jessie Zairo