Define which Fields are Copied from Guarantor to Guarantee in Koha
In Koha's Patron Module, you can connect a guarantor to a guarantee, whether a family member, guardian, etc. When linking a guarantee to a guarantor, currently some fields are automatically copied, such as the address, the phone number, etc.
A new system preference, PrefillGuaranteeField is added in 20.05 allowing a Koha administrator to choose which fields they want to be copied in the system. For a complete introduction of the enhancement, view Bug 22534 - Add ability to choose which fields are copied from guarantor to guarantee.
Setting up the system preference
- Login to Koha
- Click on Administration
- Search for PrefillGuaranteeField in Global System Preferences
- Click the dropdown menu and select the fields you want to be prefilled when adding a guarantee to a guarantor patron.
- Click Save all Patrons preferences.
Creating the Guarantee Account
- Locate the Guarantor Patron Account in the Patrons Module
- Click on + Add guarantee.
- You will now see the prefilled fields from the Guarantors account in the guarantees.
- Click Save.
More 20.05 Resources
For a full list of 20.05 Patron and Circulation features and enhancements, see the full blog post:
Read more by Jessie Zairo