We are hiring in our Support Department
ByWater Solutions was created with the express goal of changing the way libraries interact with their software and the vendors who support them. We believe that libraries deserve to have access to a world class system and personalized, comprehensive support at a reasonable cost. Our company is made up of a small and close knit group of librarians, book lovers, technology and data geeks, Tolkien fans, space nerds, knitters, marathon runners, animal lovers, and most importantly, library lovers and open source fanatics. We are a transparent organization that values collaboration with each other and the larger open source communities we work with. We strive to set our library partners and coworkers up for success.
We are currently seeking an individual for our Support Department who will be assisting our library partners when they have questions about Koha. You will build relationships with librarians at many different types of libraries across the US, including small public libraries, museum/corporate libraries and large academic libraries. This position requires an outgoing, confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills and an understanding of library workflows and policies.
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and can provide excellent service to our library partners, we want you to join our team.
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for:
- Available to work 8am-5pm EST
- Understanding and passion for libraries.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of SQL and experience in writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of css, html and jquery preferred.
- Self directed and are able to effectively work from home and manage your time and responsibilities (tickets, phone calls etc).
- Comfortable communicating on the phone, in person, on video, and in email in a friendly and helpful way.
- Great organizational skills.
- 1-2 years experience in libraries or technology.
- MLS degree or equivalent experience (preferred).
This is an entry-level, full-time, telecommuting (permanent) position which requires working from home and an approximate 5% travel requirement. ByWater offers performance bonuses, 401k, medical, great pay, on the job skills training and the chance to work with a talented group of team members.
We're looking forward to meeting you. Send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Read more by Joy Nelson