We are Hiring!
Entry Level Migration/Support Position Available
ByWater Solutions is hiring in our Data Migrations Department. This department manages data migrations from a wide variety of sources to Koha Library Service Platform. We spend our days analyzing legacy ILS data and selecting methods to load that data into other database structures. Some of us enjoy writing Perl scripts to use in this process, others shell scripts, and others prefer SQL. We enjoy the exploration and discovery of new, more efficient and sometimes, clever methods of doing what we do. We are the main point of contact for libraries in migration and assist them through the migration process along with our educators, systems and sales teams. We are also responsible for supporting our 'post migration' partners by troubleshooting a variety of technical and non technical issues. This is a full-time position with approximately 20 hours doing data migrations and 20 hours supporting our existing partners.
Our Company: ByWater Solutions is made up of a diverse group of librarians, book lovers, technology and data geeks, photographers, Tolkien fans, space nerds, gamers, animal lovers (furry or hairless) and most importantly, open source fanatics who share our culture to positively impact our clients and our community. We are constantly striving for new knowledge, we want to be challenged, and we want to grow our minds and have fun while we do it.
We offers a flexible and dynamic work environment, and great benefits. All our employees are based at home. Your commute is from the coffeemaker to your desk! We provide the equipment (computer) you need for your job. We also cover your mobile phone and internet expenses. Benefits include 20 paid days off per year, 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, 401K with employer match, and health insurance.
Qualities/skills we're looking for:
- Love of libraries and an understanding of how they work.
- Strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills - Ability to use creative techniques to analyze and solve data issues.
- Excellent customer service skills - Ability to communicate, connect and build relationships with customers via virtual methods, videoconferencing, phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously -Familiarity with project management principles is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Perl, SQL, is great, but not required.
- Flexibility – ability to work in a continually changing, customer-focused environment.
- Fluency in Spanish desired, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Work or Educational background should include knowledge of computers, databases and familiarity with project planning tools.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Read more by Joy Nelson