New in Koha 3.2
Last week the first release candidate of Koha 3.2 was announced. What is a release candidate you might ask. This means that if no one can find anything else majorly wrong then this will become the official release of Koha 3.2. If people find a bug then that needs to be fixed and we move on to the second release candidate. Either way, we’re nearing the end of the Koha 3.2 development cycle and that means a bunch of new and improved features are headed your way.
Koha 3.2 has a lot of small differences, but the biggies are these:
- Ability to Batch Modify Items
- Ability to Batch Delete Items
- A complete rewrite of the label maker
- A complete rewrite of the patron card creator
- A complete rewrite of how budgets are handled
- More patron permissions
- Check out messages
- Fast add cataloging (manual page and tutorial video).
- Custom RSS feeds
- SOPAC integration
- Enhancements to Acquisitions including those that allow for ordering over Z39.50 and from a staged marc file
- The ability to merge bib records (manual page and tutorial video).
Read more by Nicole C.