We are hiring in our Sales Department
Seeking a driven member for our Sales Team!
ByWater Solutions was created with the express goal of changing the way libraries interact with their software and the vendors who support them. We believe that libraries deserve to have access to a personalized, comprehensive support system at a reasonable cost. Our company is made up of a small and close-knit group of librarians, book lovers, technology and data geeks, Tolkien fans, space nerds, knitters, marathon runners, animal lovers, and most importantly, library lovers and open-source fanatics.
We are currently seeking an individual for our Sales Department who will work directly with our potential library partners. Our new Western US Sales Lead will work independently to create, develop, and build relationships with potential libraries for the multiple Open Source products we support. You will work with many different types of libraries across the United States, Canada, and other countries. This position requires an outgoing, confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in responding to RFPs. Library experience and knowledge of ILS products and open-source software is a definite plus!
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and are passionate about providing libraries with the best open-source solution on the market we want you to join our team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for Libraries and their services to communities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for communicating on the phone, in person, on video, and via email initiatives.
- Identify, assess, and implement sales initiatives for given territories.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple RFP opportunities. Grant writing experience is also a plus.
- Develop and manage long-term relationships with potential library partners.
- Maintain regular check-in calls with potential partners using proactive communication.
- Facilitate and respond to online inquiries with customers.
- Self-directed and able to effectively work from home, manage time and responsibilities.
- Proven organizational, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of proprietary and/or open-source ILS/LSP/LMS solutions preferred.
- 1-2 years of library experience is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead initiative for given sales territory. Develop new sales leads by reaching out to potential library customers using phone, email, and in-person contact.
- Follow up with and generate further interest from leads channeled from ByWater Website and other sources.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with outstanding proposals on a weekly or bi/weekly basis as is appropriate.
- Attend conferences as needed.
- Attend/conduct demos for libraries that request in-person presentations within a given territory.
- Meet monthly goals for signed contracts, dollar amounts, and proposals submitted.
- Successfully manage expectations throughout the sales process so as to ensure a smooth transition to migration and support departments upon signing of the contract.
- Keep up communications with relationships developed during the course of business and through the life of signed customer contracts.
Salaries and Benefits
- The starting salary is $50,000 with an annual bonus and structured commission
- Comprehensive medical insurance available
- 401k retirement plan with ByWater matching 3% with a minimum input of 3% by employee
- Computer, hardware, and travel to selected conferences and workshops.
- Vacation, personal, and sick time
- Work from home
Come work with us!
This is a full-time position that requires 100% telecommuting. ByWater offers a competitive salary plus commission based on sales goals, performance bonuses, 401k, medical, on-the-job skills training, ongoing education opportunities, and the chance to work with a talented group of team members. This position requires travel up to 20% of the time in non-pandemic circumstances (Annual and State Conferences and on-site demos). We're looking forward to meeting you.
Send your resume and letter of interest to Jessica Zairo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read more by Jessie Zairo