About Joy Nelson
Director of Migrations
Joy's fascination with libraries took root at an early age and involved weekend trips to the library to thumb through the card catalog. It continued over the years and she spent hours wandering the stacks and using early computer card catalogs in any library she could find. She has worked in libraries over the years starting as a library page in the UVA Medical School Library and even as a cataloger for the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.
She completed her M.I.S. from the University of North Texas School of Library Science and her undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia. It was at UVA where her love of technology emerged. After graduation (and a brief stint in art school just to hone her creative juices) she entered the workforce where software testing, quality assurance and database maintenance have been the primary focus of her IT career.
Joy is surrounded by library memorabilia in her office including her two kittens, Dewey and Decimal who wreak havoc with her classification schemes. As a migration specialist, Joy will be combining her love of data with her love of libraries to help partners migrate their data to Koha in the most efficient method, with a minimum amount of disruption to them and their patrons.
- Texas Library Association Annual Conference
- Surprise Visit to San Francisco Maritime Museum Library
- RDA and Koha
- UNION or JOIN in my query???
- LEFT JOIN….RIGHT JOIN…..INNER JOIN? What join do I use?
- Naming Conventions in Koha
- Kohacon12 Hackfest Winner
- Kohacon12: Managing Koha Installs in Developing Countries
- KohaCon12: Koha Migration Process
- It’s All About the Relationship