It’s been a little bit of time since I’ve posted.
Currently the Koha Passed QA (PQA) queue is very low. I encourage all of you to review the needs signoff page and test some of the wonderful code that many of us have written. Just to remind – the dashboard is a great place to start (everyone should have that one bookmarked – I hope I didn’t date myself with that term). http://dashboard.koha-community.org – Also here is a link to the Koha Bugzilla page that has the Needs Signoff queue – http://tinyurl.com/h3zdxec . Remember that Bugzilla is only the name of the tracker that we are using – it’s not only bugs but also features and other coding needs for Koha. 😉 Also a reminder for those that are newer to testing – try out the sandboxes – https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Sandboxes (please remember that you can also ask any of us for help).
I know that there are a few things that I need to follow up on for some recent patches that have been pushed. I’m on them and tracking them. Thankfully no one is using Master in production 🙂 As always if I have missed something or I have made a mistake – please let me know and I thank you all for the times you have pointed out a spot I missed (those curly brackets if you know what I mean)
Somethings I’d like to concentrate on going forward.
1. Speed. two bugs in general – https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15350 https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15341
Any and all help is welcome here. Jonathan has been presenting thoughts and comments about this for awhile now – let’s all help there. There are some others too and we should all think about this. I feel like we are loading too much with each page. Also dbix::class should be examined.
2. Elastic Search in Koha – https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12478 Is the main bug where there are comments, code and thoughts. I think we need a sign-off on this and get this into QA with larger discussions happening. The Main goal for now is that it doesn’t break anything with Zebra and we can push this in experimental. There are some good comments and questions on the bug.
3. Staying on top of PQA queue so our developers do not have to spend time rebasing code. I will hopefully maintain that. (sorry for those that have had to rebase so far)
4. Continue to encourage new signoff champions! This is on all of us to encourage and help those that want to do this and have time to do it. We can do it.
5. EDIfact code – needs a signoff. https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7736 and https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15630 great work by PTFS-europe and nice job by Kyle Hall on making it plugable so that it works around the standards. (Also I encourage PTFS-europe on submitting more of their code – they are sitting on a few gems right now that will be great for Koha – so if you see their code come it – let’s test it).
6. Jenkins – I would like to see Jenkins pass as stable for Master in the near future. I will be spending sometime working on that.
I know this turned into a long post. But let’s do it!